Thursday, March 10, 2011

Saved by a Piggly

Early Tuesday morning, March 1, 2011 my pet piggy was making an awful ruckus around 2:30 p.m. and I thought she wanted something to eat. I got up and fed her, but I felt like I had a heavy weight pressing on my chest. I figured it would go away. I lay back down, but had difficulty breathing. Babe kept fussing and got me up again about 3:00. The pressure was so bad on my chest that I got scared and went upstairs to my mom. She sprayed under my tongue with Nito and I went back downstairs. My son Wolf came down and wanted to call an ambulance. I refused. I got up and got ready for work, but the pressure was still there. I drove to work but still did not feel good. My friend Val, told me that I looked grey. She wanted to drive me to hospital so did Mona. My TM wanted to call a cab, but being stubborn, I said no. I drove myself to the General Hospital.

When they checked my blood pressure it was 199 over something. A little high. I was admitted and they found that the main artery to my heart had closed that is why I was having problems with my breathing. They said that I had suffered a massive heart attack and that I was very fortunate because 2 out of 3 people don't make it. I went Thursday to Hamilton and they put 2 shunts into the artery. Now I find that I also have sugar diabetes, but instead of medication, I am going to control i with Diet and Exercise. I came home yesterday. I have to take it easy for a few weeks and will be off work until April 4.

I have to thank my piggly, because if she had not have kept waking me up, I may have never gotten up like my friend Sharon.

1 comment:

  1. Christine, I had almost the same thing happen. I had just gotten my now doggie, Ginger. She was about three months old and loved to chew on things and then run under the bed so I couldn't get her. And every time I had to get her I found it harder and harder. Same thing, pressure and pain, but my pain was mainly in my neck. I even joked saying, you know Ginger, you're gonna kill me. Well, I finally went to the hospital and same as you I had to have two shunts put in. And now Ginger is my pal, my companion and I couldn't live without her.
    hugs,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete